I am pleased to share some very exciting news that XYPRO is one of the honorees of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work 2017! As part of a prominent inc.com feature, the list is the result of a wide-ranging and comprehensive measurement of private American companies who have created exceptional workplaces through vibrant cultures, deep employee engagement, and stellar benefits. Out of thousands of applicants, Inc. singled out just over 200 winning companies and XYPRO was one of those companies!
At XYPRO we recognize that a willingness to try new things in both technology and mindful corporate culture engages employees and attracts the type of open minded, hard-working, forward thinking employees we want to add to our team. XYPRO endeavors to let our core values guide our decisions and help motivate. Many XYPRO programs are specifically put in place to achieve an environment in which employees feel valued and want to stay and contribute long term.
- We celebrate everyone’s birthday with an individual hand-signed card and a monthly cake celebration.
- Milestone employee anniversaries are recognized with a plaque and public presentation
- FSA – Healthcare Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Team Lunches
- Company Lunches
- Exit Interviews to implement the feedback we receive
- Outside speakers focusing on personal growth and career development
- Team Building Activities
- On-site yoga
- Internal Education sessions (lunch & learns)
- Tuition Reimbursement for External Education
- Bug Bounty Program
- Referral Bonus
- Public Idea Board (anonymous or not)
- Time off for: jury duty, bereavement, community service including volunteer firefighting, etc.
- Religious holiday swap/interchange based on individual preference
- Reimbursement for remote people to have a dinner out when we have a local celebration at HQ
- Surprise gifts (lottery tix, coffee card, etc., in paycheck envelopes)
- Food Trucks, pot luck lunches, chili cook-offs, company picnics
- Public Employee Recognition via company announcements and monetary ‘Thanks’
XYPRO enjoys a “family atmosphere” with many planned events to get employees and their families together throughout the year. We encourage an open door policy when it comes to raising issues and our senior leadership team is very accessible. We purposefully cultivate a positive vibe through programs, meeting topics, benefits and cross-departmental information sharing. In recent years, recognizing that the majority of our employees were older, we began what’s turned into a vibrant internship program from which we’ve hired several full time team members. This has meant that we also focus on employee engagement, attracting millennials and are mindful of their career development. In fact, one of those interns wrote an article describing their experience working at XYPRO: https://xypro.com/xypro-technology/time-xypro-got-today/
What does it take to become a company that workers want to be part of? Inc. magazine says it’s more than good pay and good perks – it’s also about having a clear purpose, a sense of humor, and leadership that makes the two work together.
At XYPRO, we’re not here to mark the time between 8 and 5. Our customers deserve our best effort, as coworkers we deserve each other’s best efforts and in a company of our size, everyone plays a part in the success. XYPRO Leadership is responsible for the example we set and the appreciation we show our team & our customers. We take that responsibility seriously. It’s always about more than just business.