Are you passionate about technology and communication? Are you interested in cybersecurity? We have an exciting opportunity: the XYPRO Technical Writer has hands-on experience writing, editing, and illustrating software content.
Collaborate with a team of talented software designers to produce high-quality documentation which contributes to the overall success of our security solutions. In an Agile software development environment our focus is on continuously refining our documentation. You will work collaboratively with technical writers, developers, quality engineers, product managers, business analysts and usability experts to update existing topics and/or author new content based on customer feedback and internal requirements.
Duration: This position is a W – 2 temporary position directly through the company with a 6 -12 month duration based on project load.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and documentation required
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Illustrate and maintain the information architecture
- Ability to take highly technical and sometimes more abstract content and compress into a succinct, clear and easy to read content
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards, appropriate for the intended audience
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and release notes
- Make use of photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation and charts that increase users’ product knowledge
- Help to reinforce and strengthen our writing team’s standards, processes, and best practices
- Advise, train, assist, and mentor other writers, and participate in collaborative content reviews
Qualifications and experience:
- BA degree preferred
- 3-5 years progressing experience in technical writing
- Proven experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Knowledge of and experience with technical audiences, cybersecurity strongly preferred.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong working knowledge of MadCap Flare, Madcap Central and experience integrating MadCap Flare with Source Control,GIT, BitBucket
- Strong mentorship and Transfer of Information skills
- Excellent written English and grammatical skills
- Strong content editing skills
Candidates must provide samples of recent work using MadCap Flare.
XYPRO, a well-known security software and solutions brand within the HPE Integrity NonStop server community and an honoree in Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work! is headquartered in the beautiful foothills of Simi Valley, CA. Our responsibility to a high-profile, international customer-base means you’ll participate in a fast-paced, results-driven environment meeting deadlines and celebrating exciting wins! Full-time, U.S. based employees enjoy excellent Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401K, generous vacation time, summer Fridays, regular company celebrations and are encouraged to take their birthday off!