Are you passionate about technology and communication? Are you interested in cybersecurity? We have an exciting new opportunity: the XYPRO Technical Writer has hands-on experience writing, editing, and illustrating software content.
Collaborate with a team of talented software designers to produce high-quality documentation which contributes to the overall success of our security solutions. In an Agile software development environment our focus is on continuously refining our documentation. You will work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, business analysts and usability experts to update existing topics and/or author new content based on customer feedback and internal requirements.
This position is a W – 2 temporary position directly through the company with a 6 -12 month duration based on project load. Medical benefits will be offered following 60 days. 401(k) will be offered with a 4% company match (no vesting) following a 90 day waiting period.
Initially the role will be remote (home-based) due to the COVID-19 work from home protocols and mandates and then switch to onsite once restrictions are lifted. XYPRO Technology is committed to taking the precautions necessary to create a safe and comfortable working environment and follows best practices for hygiene and minimization of risk to exposure.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and documentation required
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Illustrate and maintain the information architecture
- Ability to take highly technical and sometimes more abstract content and compress into a succinct, clear and easy to read content
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards, appropriate for the intended audience
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and release notes
- Make use of photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation and charts that increase users’ product knowledge
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications and experience:
- BA degree preferred
- 3-5 years progressing experience in technical writing
- Proven experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong working knowledge of MadCap Flare
- Excellent written English and grammatical skills
- Strong editing skills
Candidates must provide samples of recent work using MapCap Flare.
XYPRO, a well-known security software and solutions brand within the HPE Integrity NonStop server community and an honoree in Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work! is headquartered in the beautiful foothills of Simi Valley, CA. Our responsibility to a high-profile, international customer-base means you’ll participate in a fast-paced, results-driven environment meeting deadlines and celebrating exciting wins! Full-time, U.S. based employees enjoy excellent Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401K, generous vacation time, summer Fridays, regular company celebrations and are encouraged to take their birthday off!
Local candidates only, no agencies.