At XYPRO, we value people and their happiness, excitement, and interest in the work that they do. As Senior Manager of Software Engineering, the ideal candidate possesses leadership skills that embrace our company culture of collaboration, communication, advocacy, and mentorship to oversee a diverse group of engineers in the development, deployment, and integration of software security solutions across multiple Agile teams.
- Maintain standards, discipline, and cohesion of development best practices
- Participate in system architecture discussions, code reviews, and provide feedback on performance, logic, and maintenance issues.
- Collaborate with peer leaders from other business units.
- Understand business and customer requirements to ensure that development goals appropriately align with requirements.
- Maintain team performance benchmarks (KPIs), tracking team growth and skills
- 8+ years in application and/or system software development.
- 3+ years leading software developers in an Agile environment.
- 2+ years in Cloud-native software development.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Front-end frameworks like NodeJs, React and Vue.
- Open Source in systems software like OpenSSL, OpenLDAP.
- Multi-Cloud like AWS and Azure or GCP.
- Databases like MSSQL, Mongo, and/or PostgreSQL.
- Demonstrable competence in secure software development processes such as Unit Tests, SAST, DAST, Code Quality, Code Complexity, and OWASP best practices.
- DevOps as an integrated part of the development/Agile team.
- Rapid Application Development concepts and principles.
- Automated testing methods and organizing code to enable them.
- Software development for integrated systems is a plus.
- HPE NonStop ecosystem is a plus.
XYPRO, a well-known security software and solutions brand within the HPE Integrity NonStop community is headquartered in the beautiful foothills of Simi Valley, CA. Our responsibility to a high-profile, international customer base means you’ll participate in a fast-paced, results-driven environment meeting deadlines and celebrating exciting wins! Full-time, U.S.-based employees enjoy excellent Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401K, generous vacation time, volunteer hours, and summer Fridays, and are encouraged to take their birthday off!
This is a hybrid position.
No agencies, please.