The QA Automation Engineer works in the exciting field of Cybersecurity! Join XYPRO Technology, a Global provider of Mission Critical Security solutions, to work on a dynamic team of enthusiasts side by side with actively engaged senior leadership at our headquarters facility in Simi Valley. We are looking for a creative, focused, technically curious individual who will create and implement test plans, develop quality assurance standards, write and maintain test automation. If you are a talented QA automation engineer with strong hands-on Selenium and Java and leadership skills, we want to speak with you!
- Responsible for developing Test Cases and Test Case automation.
- Devise test automation strategies based on existing and newly developed test cases.
- Create and maintain automated test scripts
- Perform regression testing and debugging directly
- Work with peers, developers, and operations to include automation testing in continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Develop Selenium based tests Java (No Record and playback)
- Work in an Agile environment with multiple disciplines and teams.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently handling complex problems.
- Proactive in learning new tools/techniques.
- Good Analytical skills to work with developers for troubleshooting and peer review.
- 5+ Years of Software Quality Assurance Experience
- 3+ Years of Software Automation Testing Experience (hands on) and frameworks
- 3+ years proven work experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test or Software Developer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with SQL/NOSQL Database
- C/C++ knowledge is a plus
- Experience with source control management (SCM) tools based on Git.
- Experience with building or testing APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Experience/knowledge with build automation technologies like Maven, etc.
- Selenium and/or Web Driver based experience
- Experience using a test case management application
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum development environment
- Hands on experience with cross browser compatibility testing of web applications
- Well versed in documenting defects and issues identified during testing
- Experience with source control software based on Git
- Strong Web Application and API testing experience.
- Software design, build and deployment knowledge
- Exposure to and understanding of UNIX – Shell scripting knowledge (Linux) is helpful
- Exposure to and understanding of Continuous Integration software (Jenkins, Bamboo) knowledge is helpful
- Exposure to and understanding of AWS or other Cloud Computer services based automation testing is helpful
- Exposure to and understanding of Spring Framework, Spock Framework
XYPRO, a well-known security software and solutions brand within the HPE Integrity NonStop server community and an honoree in Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work! is headquartered in the beautiful foothills of Simi Valley, CA. Our responsibility to a high-profile, international customer-base means you’ll participate in a fast-paced, results-driven environment meeting deadlines and celebrating exciting wins! Full-time, U.S. based employees enjoy excellent Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401K, generous vacation time, summer Fridays, regular company celebrations and are encouraged to take their birthday off!
Local candidates only. No agencies please.