The XYPRO Information Technology Department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives the organization’s business systems and manages a network infrastructure for a booming cybersecurity company, supporting the Southern California Headquarters office and regional sales and support offices across the world. This position requires strong business skills and will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and software and the related infrastructure. The candidate must be detail oriented, a quick learner, work well under pressure and have an appreciation that their coworkers are their customers. XYPRO is a close-knit team and we’re looking to expand!
- Primary point of contact with regard to IT related issues
- Provide remote and on-site support to resolve issues for all business divisions
- Assist with application installation, configuration, and testing
- Update workflows, instructions and various other supporting documents as they relate to IT Operations
- Help implement security requirements and workstation security patches
- Participate in regular meetings with the IT Operations team to discuss progress and issues to be resolved
- 24/7 on call rotation
- 2+ years IT experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- A+, Network+, Microsoft or other equivalent IT Certifications preferred
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux/Unix Servers, Active Directory, VMWare
- Good understanding of Networking, LAN/WAN and WiFi hardware and other enterprise systems
- Experience with AZURE, Office 365 and AWS
- Prior customer service experience
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues
- Knowledge of enterprise backup systems and tape rotation procedures
- Experience working in a data center environment
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Organized, patient, persuasive, encouraging and motivating
- Demonstrated knowledge troubleshooting desktop and hardware issues (Windows Desktop, Microsoft Office and general PC hardware).
- Experience with the configuration and set-up of workstations, laptops, AWS and mobile devices and deployment to remote users
- Experience installing and updating Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office suite and other desktop software programs.
- Demonstrable customer service skills with an emphasis on listening to gain an accurate understanding of the situation and a sense of urgency to resolve employee technical issues.
- Must be able to think on your feet, be resourceful to solve issues in a timely manner that supports business continuity
- Experience managing support tickets
XYPRO, a well-known security software and solutions brand within the HPE NonStop server community and an honoree in Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work! is headquartered in the beautiful foothills of Simi Valley, CA. Our responsibility to a high-profile, international customer-base means you’ll participate in a fast-paced, results-driven environment meeting deadlines and celebrating exciting wins! Full-time, U.S. based employees enjoy excellent Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401K, generous vacation time, summer Fridays, regular company celebrations and are encouraged to take their birthday off!
Local candidates only. Position will initially be remote, then onsite, once Covid protocols are lifted.