The XYPRO Customer Support Engineer is a sociable individual that enjoys problem solving and helping others. This position provides support and deployment assistance to our global customer base. As our customers’ touchstone to XYPRO, you research and resolve technical issues, answer general questions and provide how-to guidance on our security & database management solutions.
XYPRO is expanding and looking to fill at least two positions supporting our customers in the Asia Pacific and Europe, Middle East and Africa time zones.
Remote work location is open to multiple geographies/countries.
Essential Job Functions:
- Respond to and resolve technical issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Document reported bug fixes and enhancement requests.
- Work with Product Engineering to identify and resolve customer issues.
- User Acceptance Testing of product releases.
- Work calmly and diligently in the face of tight deadlines and technical challenges.
- Take a responsive, responsible, patient and friendly approach to customer issues.
- After hours, on-call support (after initial 90-day training).
- Minimum 2 years customer service/support experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Cybersecurity knowledge and/or certifications a plus.
- Knowledge of a variety of server hardware platforms.
- Experience troubleshooting MS Windows applications and basic networking issues.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix platforms a plus.
- Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Atlassian Jira and Confluence experience a plus.
XYPRO, a well-known security software and solutions brand within the HPE Integrity NonStop server community and an honoree in Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work!, is headquartered in the beautiful foothills of Simi Valley. Our responsibility to a high-profile, international customer-base means you’ll participate in a fast-paced, results-driven environment meeting deadlines and celebrating exciting wins! Full-time employees enjoy excellent benefits, generous vacation time, regular company celebrations and are encouraged to take their birthday off!