XYPRO is recruiting for a self-motivated, inquisitive business analyst experienced in working with software development teams. You will report directly to the Business Analysis Manager and partner closely with product management, engineering and customer support teams to enhance or develop new software applications in the exciting field of Cybersecurity. To excel in this position, you should have in-depth knowledge of business and systems analysis techniques used in analyzing the technical aspects of a software application. The ideal candidate will be skilled at coupling a software application’s technical details with functional requirements in support of developing new or enhanced software applications.
- Distil business and customer requirements into product enhancements.
- Create stories in JIRA detailing requirements for new features.
- Participate in user experience design sessions for a new data analytics and machine learning software product.
- Create and interpret complex user-workflow and data-flow diagrams.
- Generate use cases for products spanning multiple operating systems (NonStop, Windows, Linux).
- Write and review customer-facing documentation that accurately represents new functionality.
- Confirm the accuracy of results from our data analytics platform.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience requirements gathering and writing functional-based software. requirements based on customer business needs.
- Experience working on software development projects.
- Solid understanding of multiple computing platforms’ operational basics and security.
- Understanding of basic command line functions.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, etc.
- Strong organizational, time management and task prioritization skills as demonstrated by working across multiple projects.
- Experience working in compliance/regulatory frameworks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Experience with the HPE NonStop server is a plus.
XYPRO, a well-known security software and solutions brand within the HPE NonStop server community and an honoree in Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work! is headquartered in the beautiful foothills of Simi Valley, CA. Our responsibility to a high-profile, international customer-base means you’ll participate in a fast-paced, results-driven environment meeting deadlines and celebrating exciting wins! Full-time, U.S. based employees enjoy excellent Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401K, generous vacation time, summer Fridays, regular company celebrations and are encouraged to take their birthday off!
US candidates only. No agencies please. Remote or onsite.