The objective of the Business Analyst Intern role is to assist with software development teams by assisting with writing requirements and maintaining the requirements backlog.
The Business Analyst is an important part of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and assists the Engineering teams in a variety of fast paced cybersecurity projects. The Business Analyst Intern will learn about and assist Business Analyst Leads with the following activities:
- Assist in writing user stories detailing business objectives.
- Assist in writing functional requirements in JIRA.
- Participate in software requirements backlog grooming sessions.
- Meet with relevant members of the technical, sales, and Product Management teams to review and finalize business use cases.
- Perform reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements.
- Review new or modified user-facing documentation, diagrams and flow charts to determine if the documentation properly reflects the functionality.
The ideal candidate meets one or more of the following qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with different computing platforms.
- Experience working on software development projects.
- Interest in learning about Product Management and the role of the Business Analyst.
- Experience defining how software should work, or writing guides for using software, is a plus.
XYPRO, a well-known security software and solutions brand within the HPE Integrity NonStop server community and an honoree in Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work! is headquartered in the beautiful foothills of Simi Valley, CA. Our responsibility to a high-profile, international customer-base means you’ll participate in a fast-paced, results-driven environment meeting deadlines and celebrating exciting wins!
XYPRO Interns are eligible to participate in 401(k) after 90 days of employment. Interns receive 3 sick days per year and may work up 29 hours per week.