XYPRO is recruiting for a self-motivated, inquisitive business analyst experienced in working with software development teams. You will report directly to the Business Analysis Manager and partner closely with product management, engineering and customer support teams to enhance or develop new Cybersecurity software applications. To excel in this position, you should have in-depth knowledge of business and systems analysis techniques used in analyzing the technical aspects of a software application. The ideal candidate will be skilled at coupling a software application’s technical details with functional requirements in support of developing new or enhanced software applications.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will work with others on the team to:
- Distill business and customer requirements into product enhancements.
- Identify, understand, and develop ongoing requirements for a new data analytics and machine learning software product.
- Create use cases for products spanning multiple operating systems (NonStop, Windows, Linux).
- Verify operational readiness and accuracy of enhancements to our real-time security monitoring and data analytics platform.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Collaborate with clients as trusted partners.
- Effectively translate client needs into technical terms for the software development team.
- Communicate in a thorough but concise manner.
- Work well in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change and feedback enthusiastically.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience requirements gathering and writing functional-based software requirements based on customer business needs.
- Created the standard-issue types in JIRA detailing requirements for new features.
- Experience working on software development projects.
- Solid understanding of multiple computing platforms’ operational basics and security.
- Understanding of basic command line functions.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, etc.
- Examples showing success working across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working in compliance/regulatory frameworks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Experience with the HPE NonStop server is a plus.
XYPRO, a well-known security software and solutions brand is headquartered in the beautiful foothills of Simi Valley, CA. Our responsibility to a high-profile, international customer base means you’ll participate in a fast-paced, results-driven environment meeting deadlines and celebrating exciting wins! Full-time, U.S.-based employees enjoy excellent Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401K, generous vacation time, summer Fridays, and regular company celebrations and are encouraged to take their birthday off!
Remote or onsite.