As an Accounting Supervisor at XYPRO Technology Corporation, you will report to the Director of Finance and work closely with the rest of the finance team, preparing accurate and timely financial statements and information from which management can make informed business decisions. You are a detail-oriented individual who assists Finance and Human Resources in maintaining accurate financial records including, but not limited to, Employee Benefits, Insurance, and Tax compliance. You should be able to process large amounts of numerical data, have sound knowledge of accounting principles and practices, and demonstrate excellent analytical and problem-solving and communication skills.
Initially the role will be remote (home-based) due to the COVID-19 work from home protocols and mandates and then switch to onsite once restrictions are lifted. XYPRO Technology is committed to taking the precautions necessary to create a safe and comfortable working environment and follows best practices for hygiene and minimization of risk to exposure.
- Supervision of accounting staff
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Assist with month-end closing and financial statement preparation
- Review monthly revenue recognition, commission calculations and statements
- Review reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Assist with cash flow statements and forecasts
- Assist with preparation of annual budget
- Produce monthly reports, detailed schedules, analysis and reconciliations
- Participate in year-end financial reviews/audits with external accountants and other projects
- Assist with employee benefits, commercial insurance policies and tax compliance
- Research accounting, tax, and other compliance matters as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA a plus
- 5-7 plus years of general accounting experience (including public accounting a plus)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including advanced knowledge of Excel
- Understanding of GAAP including ASC 606 revenue recognition, multicurrency and consolidated financial statements
- Ability to organize, prioritize and supervise staff
- Must be detailed oriented and accurate
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong team player and reliable
- Self-starter with ability to take on tasks with minimum supervision
- Experience with Software and Technology industry a plus
- Experience with ERP and CRM systems such as Sage Intacct, SalesForce and Expensify strongly preferred
XYPRO, a well-known security software and solutions brand within the HPE Integrity NonStop server community and an honoree in Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work! is headquartered in the beautiful foothills of Simi Valley, CA. Our responsibility to a high-profile, international customer-base means you’ll participate in a fast-paced, results-driven environment meeting deadlines and celebrating exciting wins! Full-time, U.S. based employees enjoy excellent Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401K, generous vacation time, summer Fridays, regular company celebrations and are encouraged to take their birthday off!
Local candidates only, no agencies.