The Accounting Manager at XYPRO Technology Corporation reports to the Controller and works closely with the rest of the finance team, preparing accurate and timely financial statements and information from which management can make informed business decisions. You are a detail-oriented individual who assists Finance and Human Resources in maintaining accurate financial records including, but not limited to, Employee Benefits, Insurance, and Tax compliance. You should be able to process large amounts of numerical data, have sound knowledge of accounting principles and practices, and demonstrate excellent analytical and problem-solving and communication skills.
- Supervision of accounting staff
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Month-end closing and financial statement preparation
- Review monthly revenue recognition, commission calculations and statements
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Cash flow statements and forecasts
- Assist with preparation of annual budget
- Produce monthly reports, detailed schedules, analysis and reconciliations
- Participate in year-end financial reviews/audits with external accountants
- Complete Ad-Hoc projections including but not limited to process improvements and accounting/finance software due diligence.
- Assist with employee benefits, commercial insurance policies and tax compliance
- Research accounting, tax, and other compliance matters as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA a plus
- 5-7 plus years of general and/or public accounting experience (straight public accounting experience ok)
- Experience supervising a team
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office including advanced knowledge of Excel
- Understanding of GAAP, ASC 606 revenue recognition, multicurrency, elimination, and consolidated financial statements
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines and think outside the box
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills
- A confident self-starter, able to take on tasks with minimum supervision
- Accurate time estimations
- Experience with Software and Technology industry a plus
- Experience with ERP and CRM systems such as Sage Intacct, SalesForce, and Expensify strongly preferred
XYPRO, a well-known security software and solutions brand within the Enterprise Cybersecurity community is headquartered in the beautiful foothills of Simi Valley, CA. Our responsibility to a high-profile, international customer base means you’ll participate in a fast-paced, results-driven environment meeting deadlines and celebrating exciting wins! Full-time, U.S. based employees enjoy excellent Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401K, generous vacation time, summer Fridays, regular company celebrations and are encouraged to take their birthday off!
This is a hybrid position.
Local candidates only, no agencies, please.